To help you
I am training
Tools to help you
The Brussels Health Network wishes to improve cooperation and the sharing of health data in an efficient and qualitative manner between all healthcare players in the Brussels region. Here are some of the tools to look at or go over to stay up-to-date and that provide clear and simple answers to your questions.
- The Brussels Health Network
- Other e-health tools and services
Tools to help you
Here are some of the tools to look at or go over to stay up-to-date and that provide clear and simple answers to your questions.
Check out the Brussels Health Network
Find everything you need to know about the Brussels Health Network
Understanding the Brussels Health Network
Manage the parameters for your patients to access their health documents
Do you have a problem regarding the application, installation or renewal of your e-health certificate?
If you would like personal assistance, the Brussels Health Network offers a free technical support service.
If you would simply like to install or renew your certificate, you will find helpful information on the website www.moncertificatehealth.be .
- Do you have questions relating to your Brussels Health Network registration?
- Do you have queries regarding SUMEHR?
- Would you like to be involved in the Shared Health File of a patient?
- Would you like to have access to our communication tools
New rule for the validity of prescriptions
A new rule is applicable for the validity of your prescriptions as of 1 November 2019. See the video that explains this new rule.
- A prescribed drug could be previously dispensed by a pharmacist without time limit while health insurance reimbursed the expenditure of this drug “until the end of the 3rd month following the date of prescription”.
- As of November 1, 2019, the period of time during which a pharmacist can dispense a drug and the period of time it is reimbursed by the healthcare insurance are aligned.
- As of November 2019, your prescriptions are valid 3 months by default. You remain free however to adapt the validity period of your prescriptions to either less than 3 months or up to 1 year maximum. So do not forget to note explicitly the “end date of execution” on your electronic or paper prescription.
Advantage of this new regulation?
A simpler and more transparent system for prescribers, pharmacists and patients alike, this rule makes it possible above all to “stick” better to the reality of the evolving health of each of your patients.
Which prescriptions are concerned by this new rule?
All prescriptions from health professionals, specialists, dentists and midwives.
Prescriptions for pharmaceutical supplies are also covered but not for bandages.
New paper models of prescription and proof of prescription:
They can be used as of 1 November 2019 and will be mandatory as of 1 February 2020.
By way of reminder, the electronic prescription becomes mandatory as of 1 January 2020, when the “paper” prescription will be authorized in exceptional situations only.
For more information, go to the website of the INAMI [National Institute for Health and Disability Insurance].
The Brussels Health Network brings together all public and private Brussels hospitals as well as the French and Dutch speaking associations of general practitioners in Brussels (FAMGB and BHAK). We are the ideal partner for any project related to e-health in the Brussels region.