Tools for doctors to improve care for Ukrainian refugees
Belgium has granted Ukrainian refugees temporary protection. All the details on our page dedicated to them, which is also translated into Ukrainian.
NE PAS SUPPRIMER
1. File of the College of Medicine (CMG) to help you in your consultations with Ukrainian refugees
The College of Medicine (CMG), in collaboration with the French-speaking TSOs, AViQ, APB and FEDASIL, has prepared a file (in french) to help and guide you in your consultations with refugees from Ukraine. For your convenience, it is divided into the following chapters
- Administrative aspects (DMI, BIS number and AMU). However, it should be noted that while waiting for the right to mutual insurance, urgent medical assistance is provided to persons who left Ukraine because of the war and who declare to the OCMW that they claim the status of temporary protection.
- Medical (control of infectious diseases, vaccinations, chronic diseases and treatments)
- Mental health (addictions, post-traumatic stress)
- In the field of public health
- And of course administrative…
2. Dynamic presentation of the Brussels Health Network to help you
The Brussels Health Network has developed a guide (in French) for the optimal care of Ukrainian refugees.
3. Circular of the RIZIV with the “Right to health care for displaced people from Ukraine"
This circular (in french) addresses issues such as:
Registration as a beneficiary : beneficiaries of temporary protection with Annex 15 can be registered (free of charge, without payment of the mandatory sickness fund contribution). They will automatically benefit from the increased intervention.
If beneficiaries of temporary protection meet the conditions for registration as dependants of other beneficiaries of temporary protection, they can also be registered as dependants of that person. Ex: A mother and her children benefit from temporary protection: the mother can be registered as a resident and the children can be registered as dependants of the mother. However, people benefiting from temporary protection who are hosted by a family cannot be registered as dependants of a member of the host family.
The increased allowance : The people concerned can benefit from the increased allowance without having to undergo an income verification. The right to the increased allowance is opened on the same day as the registration in the capacity of resident takes effect.
Maximum bill: A number of people benefiting from temporary protection are also likely to be accommodated in host families and then probably registered at the same address as the host family. The people concerned are considered to be in a situation that is equivalent to a dependency situation. Consequently, the people concerned form a family on their own, where appropriate with their spouse or the person with whom they form a de facto family, as well as with their dependants in the hypothesis that these people have the same main residence.
4. You want to register a vaccination done abroad? (directly on Vaccinnet and not via your medical software)
5. The Brussels Health Orientation Center: Pachéco's health orientation center
Find all the information about the functioning of this center in this pdf document.
6. Help with prescribing medicines (if any are in Cyrillic)
These two sites will help you when you are faced with a patient with a Cyrillic medication list: