I’m enquiring / My patient’s health record
The English acronym SumEHR (Summarised Electronic Health Record) refers to the summarised health record of the patient which gives a medical picture of the patient’s health status.
The SumEHR contains lots of important information useful to doctors, healthcare providers and the patients themselves. A good SumEHR can save lives or at least save valuable time. This sharing of health data is essential for a better monitoring of the patient by their healthcare team.
Publishing a good Sumehr (as a general practitioner)
The benefits of the summarized electronic health record :
- Enables the best possible treatment to be given to patients
- Makes the patient the actor of his health
- Facilitates the sharing of information between health professionals
- Helps in the care of the patient
- Useful in case of emergency
- Is a medical history of the patient
How can you improve the quality of your Sumehrs ?
A good quality SumEHR assumes:
- Rigorous encoding: The use of codes for the established diagnosis means that it can be read in all national languages,
- To be as complete possible
- To code all essential elements (contact person, vaccinations, allergies, chronic illnesses)
- To check at each consultation if the document is up to date (that the latest relevant information is recorded)
The Brussels Health Network brings together all public and private Brussels hospitals as well as the French and Dutch speaking associations of general practitioners in Brussels (FAMGB and BHAK). We are the ideal partner for any project related to e-health in the Brussels region.